Hello Tampa Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thiad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

My husband and I are going to be making a number of trips to the Tampa / St. Petersburg area over the next year. Of course we can't visit without diving! :)

I'm hoping folks can help us out by telling us all about the local diving. Looking for information such as great shops, favorite places to dive (shore and charter - we'll try it!), and how about those water temperatures? We're using 7mm here in SoCal, but I'm hoping that it's a tad bit warmer...

We're really looking forward to a exploring some new underwater scenery and meeting new people.

Thank you in advance and happy diving!

Hi :)

7mm? Wow, that cold? You probably wouldn't need that here unless you were diving in the winter, or in some springs (even a water temp of 72 year round can get cold).

We don't really have lots of reefs here, but the two unique things here are Venice beach (shark/megalodon teeth), and freshwater springs (super clear water, interesting formations, etc.). Sinkholes can also be interesting. Nice thing about all those listed is you can dive from your car (i.e. drive `n dive)

Those are great videos - quite a bit different sea life then we have out here. And nice to see folks in shorties! I am looking forward to temperatures above 60.

I'm definitely interested in the springs. I've seen the pictures of Ginnie Springs further north and they are simply amazing. Thinking about a cavern class though cave diving is not something I think I'm ready to venture in to anytime soon.

Hello, I'm always looking for a dive buddy. PM me or let me know when you guys are coming down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom