Visiting the Sheridan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getnsquirrelee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey ya'll. Was wondering if anyone had been to the Sheridan or surrounding reefs lately and if so how was the visibility and sea life? Thinking of taking the boat somewhere that direction next week. Thanks for everything.

Hi, I just got back from the Sheridan today. Visibility was maybe 15 to 20 feet. The reef was pretty cool. Plenty of fish and even an extremely large goliath grouper. There were hoardes of small jellyfish though. I would definitely wear a full wetsuit. I have a couple tentacle marks on my hands but surprisingly I didn't even know they happened. I was a bit apprehensive when I first found out that we had to swim through jellyfish. All I could think of was the scene in "Finding Nemo" when they were swimming through the jellyfish, lol!

Thanks for the update. We are going to go Thursday. We'll dive that and then come in to the veterans reef. We'be been doing a lot of east coast stuff lately and was worried about visibility. But 15-20 isn't bad. Did u see any fish worth bringing home?

There were several groupers of descent size but I don't know what the size limit is for harvesting. There was a very large goliath grouper in the ship, very, very large, lol! There were other types of large fish but I'm not all that familiar with salt water species.

I don't believe there was. The captain just dropped anchor. There was a buoy out there but I don't know if you could tie a boat to it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom