Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!
NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Hello I'm looking to go diving in the Dibba - Musandam region and am looking for any help I can get!!
What is the diving like in this region? Lots of corals, soft or hard, lots of small stuff/fish, lots of the big stuff (pelagics), water clarity/temp?
Anybody ever dove with Sheesa Beach? Your experiences, good, bad, other?
Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help.
I'll try to give you some honest and accurate answers.
Generally, the diving in Musandam is very good. The fact that Dibba is less than 2 hours from Dubai makes it a great choice for a weekend or day trip. Places like the Damaniyat Islands or Salalah whilst offering great diving, are a lot further (especially Salalah which is a very long way).
The marine life in Musandam is diverse, hard corals, soft corals, small stuff, bigger stuff, sun-fish, whale sharks, black tips, leopard sharks, hammer heads (further north). Generally the fish life is well established despite the best efforts of the local fishermen to keep the fish market at Dibba well stocked. Sadly, the fish market is the one place that you are pretty much gauranteed to see sharks.
Water temperature at this time of year is around 23-24c. It will go up in the middle of summer (July/August) to around 29c (air temperature around 50c with 90% humidity). Visability can be hit and miss. I have dived in Musandam and had 20m+ visability, but I have also had 2m vis.
As for Sheesa Beach, I have only dived with them once, but would have no problem rebooking some more dives with them. Service was good, and my only criticism would be that the speedboat that tags along with the dhow was too small for the number of divers on the trip. This was one of the comments I made on their feedback form.
As well as Sheesa Beach, there is also Al Marsa. another company that runs trips into Musandam. You could also contact some of the dive centres and see what trips they have booked etc. Divers Down is a very nice dive centre on the east coast, located not far from Dibba. Contact a member on here called Aquamarin. She is from Divers Down.
Hope that gives you a bit of the info you were after.
99% of the women in the world are beautiful. The other 1% work in my office
It's been awhile (2004) but I remember being very impressed with the marine life as far as diversity and health. The water is very warm as mentioned and vis was usually 30-50'. Lots of smaller life and schooling fish and good sized rays. A very interesting part of the world to dive in. Simon's pictures and descriptions brought back some great memories!
UTD #114 TDI #15666 PADI MSDT #209304
"you can have my spare air when you pry it from my cold dead hands....."
I find it fascinating that more men have walked on the moon than have seen the ocean below 800 feet- S.E. }<)))>}<)))>}<)))>