Musandam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wapyaly

Contributor
Reaction score
any you guys visited dive sites here? Off to Fujairah at the end of May, just wondering if anyone has any experiences to share?
Thanks
aly

wapyaly:
any you guys visited dive sites here? Off to Fujairah at the end of May, just wondering if anyone has any experiences to share?
Thanks
aly
I did a few dives there last summer/fall. Try the link below for my pictures/comments. I dove at Dibba rock, Sharm rocks and Snoopy island. My favorite was Dibba rock (more soft and hard coral life than the other two.) I was dissapointed with Sharm rocks. It was mostly bare rock (very little coral). There were quite a few fish though. Snoopy Island is the only shore dive that I know of. It is right off the Sandy Beach Motel. There is a dive center in the hotel for rentals, air, etc. The dive at Snoopy Island is very shallow (10-20 feet), giving you lots of time to explore. There is some hard coral and lots of anemones and anemone fish in places. I liked it better than Sharm rocks, but it was nowhere near as good as Dibba rocks. Oh well it was free. There are apparently many dives that are better than these, but I didn't make it to them. Again, try my web page below.East coast UAE diving

Musandam is quite nice... can choose mode of transport (dhow or speedboat) - many of them leave from Dibba, some from Khasab on the west coast.
The ones I have done up there are Lima Rock (fairly advanced - bit of current, deep etc..) and The Caves (nice dive, not really a cave (system) more like a large overhang, shallow dive coming back from Lima Rock...good visibility.
There are even a few boats for hire so you can stay out overnight and so. At least a couple of months back you could book the trip through the dive centers in Dubai - but then, this is the Middle East so it's probably changed. Check with Al Boom, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Scuba Tek, maybe even Scuba Dubai (though I am not sure they arrange dives anymore).

wapyaly:
Thanks
aly
I've been living in the UAE for a few months now and the East Coast has some great dives. As mentioned, Snoopy Isand, Shark Island, Sharm rocks, Dibba and Martini rocks. Lots of life at all sites including Black tip reef sharks, Hawksbill turtles, Lion fish, tons of morays and all the usual schooling fish.

Expect the vis to be 3-10m. Yesterday Martini was 10+ but Dibba was 3m.

The Best diving around is north in Musandam, 30-60 minute boat ride. Amazing life and large pelagics including Whale sharks.

I'd recomend AL Boom divers in the Al Aqua Le Meridien Resort, good gear and an awesome Resort. It's low season now so prices are cheaper. Good luck!

to the Meridien al aqah and I found the al boom website, glad you liked it. Weve got 6 glorious nights there and then off the sample the delights of Dubai for a week, thanks for all your replies.
decompression:
I've been living in the UAE for a few months now and the East Coast has some great dives. As mentioned, Snoopy Isand, Shark Island, Sharm rocks, Dibba and Martini rocks. Lots of life at all sites including Black tip reef sharks, Hawksbill turtles, Lion fish, tons of morays and all the usual schooling fish.

Expect the vis to be 3-10m. Yesterday Martini was 10+ but Dibba was 3m.

The Best diving around is north in Musandam, 30-60 minute boat ride. Amazing life and large pelagics including Whale sharks.

I'd recomend AL Boom divers in the Al Aqua Le Meridien Resort, good gear and an awesome Resort. It's low season now so prices are cheaper. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom