Nikon Coolpix L3 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
My dive buddy just got one of these. I was going
to get her the UW housing for Christmas but am not sure
which housing is specifically compatible with the L3.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Fantasea sells a nice housing for the L3. I picked one up recently from Leisurepro and have been very pleased with it so far. Check it out at http://www.fantasea.com/product_catagory.asp?catagory=1&referer= .

One issue is that there is no actuator for the on/off button. While this sounds like poor design initially, bear in mind that the L2/L3 can also be powered up by holding down the display button which does have an actuator.

The Nikon L2/L3 is not the best choice for u/w photography in general as there is no manual control, the camera likes to shoot around ASA 50, and autofocus is slow. That said, it does take good pictures - you just have to learn to adjust to its querks.

Good luck.

DougNR:
The Nikon L2/L3 is not the best choice for u/w photography in general as there is no manual control, the camera likes to shoot around ASA 50, and autofocus is slow. That said, it does take good pictures - you just have to learn to adjust to its querks.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. What would your choice be in about the
same price range for u/w photography. I think she has 30 days to return
her camera and I know she wanted to have one that allowed u/w work.

I can't be very specific, but I believe there are more than a few Canon and Oly models that will give you the manual control that make for a better digi for u/w shots.

Finally, don't take my word as gospel on the Nikon L series. There could easily be others that chime in singing the praises of this camera. It takes good pictures, but for me I'd be happier with some manual control options.

Take a look in the canon and oly sub forums and do a little homework, I'm sure you'll figure out a good solution.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom