Sea&Sea D80 Housing and inon z-240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calvinsy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just bought sea&sea D80 housing and still decide whith strobe to go: whether inon z-240 or sea&sea YS-110. I got a TTL converter III and I'm afraid whether it would work if connecting to inon z-240 and which cord able to connect them. :confused:

Just make sure that the Inon strobe is compatible with the TTL converter you have (is it a Heinrich Weikamp unit inside?). I have a pair of Z240:s and am very happy with them. Then again, the YS110 also seem to be a nice strobe at a better price. The advantage of the Z240 is one or two stops brighter, even smaller in size and rated to 100 meters (if this matters to you). A bit more expensive though. If it's compatible and the price difference doesn't matter to you, go for the Inon-strobe. I use Nikonos 5-pin cables with my Inons to a Hugyfot housing (D200) and a HW TTL-converter inside.

/christian

Just make sure that the Inon strobe is compatible with the TTL converter you have (is it a Heinrich Weikamp unit inside?). I have a pair of Z240:s and am very happy with them. Then again, the YS110 also seem to be a nice strobe at a better price. The advantage of the Z240 is one or two stops brighter, even smaller in size and rated to 100 meters (if this matters to you). A bit more expensive though. If it's compatible and the price difference doesn't matter to you, go for the Inon-strobe. I use Nikonos 5-pin cables with my Inons to a Hugyfot housing (D200) and a HW TTL-converter inside.

/christian

it is the new TTL convertor III from Sea&Sea and I don't know whether it has Heinrich Weikamp unit inside. I know Inon light is working without convertor. really doubt if using a convertor

Congrats on the housing. Where are you located?

You can use the 5-pin Nikon cord for either strobe. I would go with the INON strobe instead of the Sea & Sea. I use the Z220's with my Sea & Sea housing and I love them.

thx. I'm in Hong Kong. just because I'm bought TTL Converter III and not sure whether it would work on Z240.

I have looked all over the web and seems there has no such certain answer about this.

Congratulations!, enjoy it.

Calvin, I believe you should use the S&S 5pin nikonos cables to connect the Inon's to the TTL Converter. The Nikon TTL Converter should have a 5pin cable that will go to the bulkhead of the housing.

Which shop did you use in HK, if you don't mind me asking? They should have told you all this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom