New Nikons?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
As a long time user of Nikon cameras I do read all the stuff even though I have not jumped into the digital world but for my little toe.

For example:

"I decided to post this here instead of emailing Nikon Rumors so I can keep my anonymity and my job. I work at a high-end camera store and Friday of last week our Nikon rep came into our store and gave us a bit of information about a brand new Nikon P&S camera. The P6000 is coming and it will have RAW and higher resolution. However, he said that Nikon is coming out with a high-end P&S camera above the P6000 that will use the 10mp APS sensor from the D60 and be geared toward pros and serious enthusiasts. This is a DEFINITE FACT, no B.S. We could not get anymore info out of him as far as body design, or lens focal length. We'll just have to wait and see. He did say that he is pretty sure it will be announced at or before Photokina."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are also credible reports about at least three new Nikon dSLRs before year end and one will have a clip in sensor. This all in addition to the P6000 information. It may appear that Nikon is preparing to do battle once again with Canon to regain it's former supremacy. A good old throw down and mud wrestling match. Not only that but it is clear that within a year almost all dSLRs will have a live view feature which would be useful underwater. I think I will hold off on investing in an Aquatica housing for that alone.

N

A Nikon DSLR with a replaceable sensor has been rumored ever since the D1 came out. I doubt very much we'll ever see anything like it (incredibly impractical). Go ahead Nikon, make me eat crow.

I just bought the Subal D3 housing for my Nikon D3, which is a spectacular camera! The High ISO, low noise capability is awesome.

Anyone interested in purchasing my Nikon D2X and Subal housing? It has served me well and I can highly recommend it as a very good buy for the money now that the new price has worn off.

scroll down to July 3rd in this post
The Luminous Landscape

this pic off Nikon Rumors: Nikon Coolpix P6000 and also here Rumor: Coolpix P6000 - Return of the Serious Nikon Compact? and here Purported Nikon Coolpix P6000 turns up online - Engadget and here Rumors: Nikon Coolpix P6000 Gets Leaked, Rumored to Deliver an Absurd 13.5 Megapixels
Coolpix_P6000_small.jpg

A Nikon DSLR with a replaceable sensor has been rumored ever since the D1 came out. I doubt very much we'll ever see anything like it (incredibly impractical). Go ahead Nikon, make me eat crow.

Why would a replaceable sensor be a good thing?

When they make a new sensor that's better or has more megapixels, or whatever, you just buy the new sensor and keep your current body.

One of the Leicas has a replaceable sensor I think. The idea is to upgrade the firmware and replace the sensor with an upgraded version or a purpose specific sensor (UV, IR or maybe even B&W) and not have to replace the body you are happy with and all of your lenses function with and all of your accesories fit and your bag is made for and on and on and oh--that 5,000 dollar housing you just got last month. N

According to nikonrumors, there's supposed to be a press anouncement at 6am central european standard time (or in about 10 minutes from the time of this post) when something in the coolpix line will be released (apparently 4 cameras).

According to the articles, both say availability in September.

Back
Top Bottom