A Few Pictures Taken on a Nikon D7000/Aquatica set up. Great Barrier Reef.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All, I have been a avid reader on these forums for a while now whilst I have had the pleasure of working as a photographer on the Barrier Reef. Me and my girlfriend Lindsay will soon be leaving and heading off to explore other places, such as Indonesia/Malaysia/Thailand Ect.

Here are a few shots "of many" that I thought you guys would like to check out.

All Taken on a Nikon D7000/Aquatica Housing/Fish Eye Lens < Not sure the exact one :shocked2: Sigma..../ And a Z240 stobe. Hope you like them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Cow Tail Ray Hastings Reef.jpgGBR Nemo Norman Reef.jpgGreen Turtle & Hastings.jpgGreen Turtle & Snorkelers.jpgHungry Turtle 2 Breaking Patches.jpgHungry Turtle Breaking Patches.jpgLion Fish Bommie Norman Reef.jpgMe & Frank.jpgMe & My Freind Again.jpgMe & My Freind.jpgMe & My Other Fancy Freind.jpgMe & My Woman & Frank.jpgMe & My Woman.jpgMe Rocking It With a Turtle.jpgNemo Hastings Reef.jpg

Nice pictures. Did you and the GF adopt that turtle?

I also love my new D7000 in a Nauitcam housing with Inon strobes. Four weeks after receiving my rig I took second place in the Cayman Islands photo contest with a RAW untouched image of kids on the USS Kittiwake. I also love the ease in video to be able to white balance on the fly.

nice pix

Wow, great shots. Especially love the one of the turtle with the skin divers up above! About to take the plunge on a D7000 and this is putting me over the edge!

Amazing pics! You are so where I want to be in 4-5 years.

Question - How does the strobe work UW, is it like a flash?

My feeble attempts with a Panasonic Lumix TS2, the flash would light up all the particles and bubbles, making for a horrid picture. So I disabled the flash.

Also I'm at a crossroad - do I get an Aquatica for my Nikon D90, or for the same price the AN-5 and camera included, the Sony DSLR-less (can't really call it a micro 4/3 can we?).

Adam,

Great pictures, where were the photos taken?

I love diving here, though all of my diving so far has been further south. Some great animals to see.

Amazing pics! You are so where I want to be in 4-5 years.

Question - How does the strobe work UW, is it like a flash?

My feeble attempts with a Panasonic Lumix TS2, the flash would light up all the particles and bubbles, making for a horrid picture. So I disabled the flash.

Also I'm at a crossroad - do I get an Aquatica for my Nikon D90, or for the same price the AN-5 and camera included, the Sony DSLR-less (can't really call it a micro 4/3 can we?).

Both have their value, the D90 is more of a commitment financially, the AN-5 does travel ever so lightly, as much as I like the Sony Nex generation, I am still a DSLR boy, I like the control access a lot more on them.

Both have their value, the D90 is more of a commitment financially, the AN-5 does travel ever so lightly, as much as I like the Sony Nex generation, I am still a DSLR boy, I like the control access a lot more on them.

Oh boy I'd like to pay you a few beers and get you talking...!

I'm at a crossroad - the Aquatica + Nikon D90, or, Aquatica + Sony NEX mirrorless
- 2 cameras are better than 1
- accidents do happen
- I depend on my Nikon for part of my business

I've got lots of addons and lenses for my Nikon, for various landshark scenarios. However how often does one want to change lenses UW?
I want to do cold water also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom