Housing For Nikon Coolpix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRAZYBOBC

Reaction score
Where Can I Find A Housing For My Nikon Coolpix 775
Is It Worth It Or Should I Buy A Camera Specifically For Underwater, Do I Need Special Attachments For Pics Using The Nikon Or If I Find A Housing Is That All I Need Any Suggestions
Thanks

Well, I don't think there is a decent housing made for the 775. My suggestion is to consider getting a new camera with a dedicated housing and support for UW photography. Olympus and Canon both have decent support from Inon. Can also consider the newer Nikons but those will require more work in terms for finding housing, and fitting accesories.

Good luck

Ikelite may make a housing for it. Check their website.
www.ikelite.com

Joe

On www.digideep.com you will find two existing housing for the CP 775. However knowing this camera has only 2.1 mega pixel I would go for a new camera with at least 4 mp. As suggested by Wolverine go for either Canon or Olympus (Further more you have for both camera your own corner… :D

I have a Nikon Coolpix 5700 which we just love. However, looking at getting a housing for it will run $800 or more depending on manufacturer. While I would love to put the 5700 in the water, the cost is nuts.
So due to cost, support, accessories issues, I'm leaning towards Oly or Canon.
I like the idea of only having to take one camera on vacation, but having the housing, strobe(s), etc. to put it in the water.
Nikon does make 4 housings for Nikon cameras, but of course, not for the cameras we have.

For under $500, you can get both a newer Nikon like a 4300 (~$320), and then Fantasea housing for ~ $180. The Fantasea pro housing and this camera have taken some very very good photos for us.

With the same brand of Nikon too, your rechargable batteries and memory chips can be interchanged too. Thats very handy!

I see here that for the Nikon 2100 camera, you can get the housing for only $99.

Get 2 Nikons, me and the wife love having a camera each.

http://www.fantasea.com/

Back
Top Bottom