PT-015 and my C-5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
I got my housing and the strobe today. First thing I did was buy new o-rings. There must have been half a tube of lubricant on the existing ones. I took them out and washed them then re-lubbed. Glad I ordered new ones since these seem to have started taking a set and have a couple dings where looks like a knife or screwdriver were used to get them out. The housing was almost glued shut from the silicone. Are there any special tips or common problems with this housing? My PT-016 has been great. Gonna use it as a backup since the strobe should work with it also. (has a fiber optic cable that goes over the flash.) Really gonna miss the compactness of the PT-016. This new one is HUGE in comparison. Is the balance weight worth the purchase? I didn't use one on my old one. I kept it clipped to my bc and liked it that when I let it go it would float up to my right shoulder.

With a strobe/tray, you won't need the weight.

The "weak point" in the housing is the on-off/mode-dial. Examine the clear plastic disk inside the housing and if you see any salt deposits, take the control apart, clean, lube and reassemble. IMHO, many problems with the on-off/mode-dial are due to careless seating of the camera. Before you close the case, make sure the camera's mode dial is seated in the housing's control.

Have fun. It's a great camera.

I agree with jlyle...the only problems I've had with one of my PT-15's is at the on-off/mode dial, the shaft was torqued just a bit causing a small leak of a few drops of water. I was on a trip and the photo-pro took the dial apart and we replaced the small o-ring. Since then I've been extra careful when putting the camera in the housing. Make sure the mode dial seats into that little 'cup' and the 2 prongs straddle the on/off nipple. I haven't had any problems since then.

email or PM me....I think we're going to the lake on Sunday and I'll show you what I'm talking about, plus I can give you a few more tips about the C-5050/PT-15 set-up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom