Wide lens for Oly 030

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got an Epoque DCL 20 in 46mm. Screws right on. Took some quick test shots in the pool, (just a test target, nothing pretty.). Seems to work fine. Thanks for the suggestions.

Great. When you get in some real water, post the pics. I like the idea of the straight threaded fit, although you always hear fabulous stuff about Inon so it might be worth waiting for the adapter.

Have you dived with it yet in open water? How's it work?

I just got some very nice manatee photos in Crystal River with the setup. What is the easiest method for posting on the forum?

You'll need to shrink them to 400Kb or smaller. (I use PS7) to put them in the member gallery. Then we can just click on your member gallery on the forum. If you want to put them in your post, there's a sticky on the UW Photography heading, but you have to have them on a website to do it. You can also post the link to your existing web on your post and we can just click on it. You can post a tiny (100x100) version that's enlargeable as well.
Any problem getting it on and off UW, or did you just leave it on and skip the macros? How do you carry it if you're screwing it on and off?

Your manatees look great. Were all of them taken with the Epoque lens on? What was your actual distance? I don't see any vignetting. That was one worry I heard expressed. Did you leave it on or install UW?

:crush: I finally had a chance to post some of my manatee photos, shot with the sp-350, and the Epoque wide lens, in 46mm, no extra mounts required, take a look in the gallery.

Thanks for the help.

I left the wide lens on.When you first enter the water you must burp the air out from between lenses, with the holes in the red mount it is not necessary to totaly remove the lens, if you unscrew enough to open the holes it fills just fine. The baby was shot at around 2' distance I estimate. I have ordered the magnifying hood so I can read the tiny damn data.
I have not as yet shot macros in water, I have shot some very good orchids with the naked camera. I am in the process of making a lens caddy.

I don't imagine finding a 46mm thread for your lens caddy is going to be easy, unless you use somebody's lens adaptor thread or something.

I think that it will work fine by using metal step rings to get the fit. I am using 67-52 and 52-46 to make the fit.Add a dot of superglue and you will not have them parting in use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom