Macro lens for Oly c5060wz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTA

Reaction score
Another question on whether one should get a macro lens!

I've got the Olyc5060wz and it's been pretty good so far but I've been distinctly unimpressed by the focusing using the macro and supermacro settings. I did try to take the tip of doing the manual mode thing - but can't tell underwater if I am getting the distance right.

Anyway am going to Lembeh/Manado in April and was wondering if I should add a macro lens to photograph the little critters. I have read that the macro lens just makes focusing even more difficult and the camera hunts even more - is this true?

How do you guys get all these great close ups of nudis and shrimp and things? I'm getting clear shots but they aren't filling up the whole screen or anything like that and aren't always in as sharp focus as I would like. Sometimes I struggle for ages near a tiny creature! :)

Get one. Even better get 2. Inon UCL165s.. swear by it.

Wolverine:
Inon UCL165s.. swear by it.
So do I!!! It's like my Amex card, never leave home without it.

Back
Top Bottom