Olympus 770SW Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snorkelingdotinfo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this board. I have lurked many times but thought I'd introduce myself and link to my review of the Olympus 770SW. I am actually a snorkeler rather than a diver, but thought this was relevant to this forum nonetheless...(hopefully i'll be converted soon!). I really liked the camera, and although some of the specs may not make it a great choice for all of you (33ft max depth) - it is a great step in getting underwater cameras in the hands of the masses....

Olympus 770SW Review

I've already learned some great stuff here, look forward to sticking around.

(if posting off site links is inappropriate I apologize in advance...)

You need to look further........Canon A570 with UW case for $410 & can take it to 130'........the numbers just don't add up, you do the math..........Get certified & you'll quickly change your mind, IMO.......Have a nice one......

For a regular diver, i'm sure the setup you outlined is better (though I will say you can get the 770 for around $315 from reputable sites.

But the fact that there are now digital cameras that need no housings is a huge step. 33 feet now could mean 50 feet in a year and then you never know... And the price will only come down as well.

Get the UW case for it and you can do 130... I have the 720 with the UW case and have had it to 150 no problems... Takes good pictures and nice vids....

Reef Man:
Get the UW case for it and you can do 130... I have the 720 with the UW case and have had it to 150 no problems... Takes good pictures and nice vids....

I know. I have a 720 with the case also (I wish the case fit the 770, but it's just a bit off). But it's just so cool to only have to take a little camera with you instead of one in a case that adds bulk. Problem is, with no bulky case to remind you that you carry a camera, it's all too easy to go deeper than it can handle.

We have the 770, mostly purchased it because it is shock, drop, dust, temperature and water resistant little camera that can live in the real world.It takes really nice snaps so I got the housing for it. Inon supports the Olypus housing for the 770 with numerous accesories--here is a picture of a 770 in Olympus PT-035 housing and all that.

gfx_01744.jpg

I thought it might be a nice set up for underwater snaps for people who don't care to lug a huge honking slr rig around.

N

that is weird, it double posted--sorry.

N

conradb212:
I've used and loved the Olympus 770 SW ever since it came out. See my own rather detailed review of the Olympus 770 SW. We took it to 67 feet, then 77 feet and it never missed a beat. However, 110 in Lake Tahoe became the 770's Last Dive.

I read your entry on scubadiverinfo.com about the tahoe dive and I wondered how the 770 fared at that depth. Now I know.

-JB

Nemrod:
We have the 770, mostly purchased it because it is shock, drop, dust, temperature and water resistant little camera that can live in the real world.It takes really nice snaps so I got the housing for it. Inon supports the Olypus housing for the 770 with numerous accesories--here is a picture of a 770 in Olympus PT-035 housing and all that.

gfx_01744.jpg

I thought it might be a nice set up for underwater snaps for people who don't care to lug a huge honking slr rig around.

N

Now that is cool....DO they have accesories for the 720 also... How does the light and lens work???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom