Card cover broke on E-330

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbyssalPlains

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One of the little latches on my card cover broke after only a couple of years and now it won't stay shut. I've been using scotch tape but it's messy and unreliable. I'm just waiting for the moment where I'm about to get that perfect shot and the cam won't fire, "Warning - card cover open."

Has this happened to anyone here? Went online to check the parts store on the Oly website, but they don't offer the card cover. I emailed customer service and they told me I may have to send "the unit in for repair." Yeah, right, like I'd pay 50 bucks or more to have a card cover replaced. Now I wish I had spent the extra bucks and bought a real pro cam at the time, like a Nikon or something.

:losecool:

My latch broke a while back. I'm using a velcro strip to hold it closed. It doesn't look too crappy because it's black like the rest of the body.

I also had a problem with the rubber skin coming loose from the body where my thumb rests. I used some superglue and all is well.

The camera is still clicking along and I have a relacement body for when the FL**d monster raises his head. The E-330 has a bad door design but it is a good camera.

Thanks, Yoda, for your response! Yep, the rubber coating came off on my unit as well. Velcro is a great idea for securing the card cover.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom