Athena housing for Olympus PEN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
two-new-underwater-housings-for-your-e-p1-and-gf1

Looks good!!:)

Mantha

I would expect the price to be consistent with other dSLR all aluminum pro type housings which is upwards of 2,000 dollars. This is not a P&S camera.

N

I did a few experiments to the dismay of my local camera store, did you know that the Oly EP1 will optically match up with the Inon type wide angle wet mount lenses, it seems to. N

Olympus has the new EPL1 coming out with their own housing ! they are backordered at the moment but we have them coming in....soon i hope...We have been shooting surface pics with the EP1 and the images are rich, camera is responsive and loads of settings. Very Small.
The new L1 will be lighter and a little taller..The whole kit should sell for about 1399...Sea and sea strobes will work and the size of the whole system will be smaller with easier use buttons on the L1 than the EP1...you will lose a few f stop settings though
lens available will the 14 - 42 or a new 9 to 18 waiting to see if that one is going to have a different port available

Yeah, pricing is nuts like $2300 dealer cost! Athena is pricing themselves out of the market, IMHO.

Jack

That is too much money right now for the EP-1 given the state of that camera's development. However, in a few more generations when the lens map is filled in, the auto focus is as fast as a dSLR and the same for power up, when these camera are mature in development then that might be a reasonable price. It is comparable to similar Seatool, Inon, Aquatic housings in price and it is certainly compact and well finished. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom