how do I fix Inon optical cable to PTE-* housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi

I have just received my PTE-06 Housing and was putting it together , However I have a Inon s-2000 strobe and bought a New Inon Cable with it to go to the Housing , well one end screws onto the Inon strobe _ Ok however the other end has no fitting on it ,
does anyone know if I have to buy a Rubber Bush /cable end that fits in my Olympus Housing - of should it have come with the Cable ?? or am I supposed to drill a hole in the Rubber Plug that is in the optical cable socket of my housing when arrived ??

Any help would be great as none of the Instructions / Housing/Strobe/cable seems to cover this bit .

Thanks mark

Mark,
If the PTE-06 is similiar to the PTE-05; take the rubber bushing that came with the housing and just poke a hole in it with a paper clip end, slide the fiber optical cable into the bushing, attach the bushing to the housing. I think if you drill a hole in the bushing, the fiber optical cable will not fit tight enough and will fall out while diving.
Didn't get my reply in time or if you screwed it up: REEF PHOTO Ft Laudedale, FL
Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply , I have found UWdigitalcamera.com in Japan who sold me the Strobe and cable also sells the correct Rubber bush for inon Cable for a Olympus Housings and only cost approx $2 us , so I have ordered a couple from him ( x2 bushes and postage cost less than $8).
I thought about poking a Hole through but was not sure if was correct thing to do , and if use the housing with only 1 strobe and poke a hole through both Rubber Bush's , I was not sure if this would make a Tiny hot spot ( small hole flash throught ) or something.
So for sake of a couple of dollars I have correct things on the way and can keep the ones that came with for spare's or blanking off the flash .

Thanks for reply anyway, one day I am sure I will lose the part and will poke a hole in the spares with a paperclip .
Thanks mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom