TTL Cables for PT-E05 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiverjackcook

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got my new PT-E05 housing for my E-520 and am working my way through the instruction manual. I don't have my UFL-2 strobes yet and am wondering, do the TTL cables described in the PT-E05 Instruction Manual come with the UFL-2? I couldn't find any information on line specifically dealing with the TTL cables. I know that the PTCB-E02 cables will attach the flash to the housing, but is there something else I have to do to get the TTL feature to work? I found a part number (UW FL-TTL PTCB-E01), but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on line about the use of it and whether it must be purchased separately or comes with the flash units. Please advise.

No. You use fiber optic cables with the UFL-2. You set the camera in RC mode and you will get TTL. It's in Japlish there in the manual.

Jack

Thanks, Jack. I thought it was probably instruction manual overkill, but when I couldn't find anything about it or an instruction manual for the UFL-2 on line, I was a little concerned. It seems like one has to buy every little extra piece for the stuff we get these days. I am trying to buy all this stuff without going into debt, a little at a time. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom