PT-37 Housing O Rings???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel your pain. I have the same issue with my PT-020 housing.

This is what I have learned. First, Oly uses silicon rings. Second, they are probably a very strange metric size. These are impossible to find from a business that specializes in o rings.

First, I would check with some of the big New York photo shops like Adorama to see if they still have some. If that doesn't work out, then find a local business that specializes in o rings and seals. I was able to match my rings in Buna not silicon. They work very well in the Oly housing and did not fail when I took it to 100'. On the positive side, the replacement rings are a lot less expensive than Oly rings. The downside is that it takes some work to get the right size and most of the time you will have a minimum order requirement.

how would I find the sizes of the o-rings to order the other type of o-ring?
and
do you remember where you ordered yours?

I got mine from Austin Seal, but that will not be much help to you.

Now you are about to feel my pain:D. What I had to do was take the ring to them and get a rough measurement. Like I said, Oly rings are often in odd sizes. That means a special order and without an expert measuring the ring your chances for success are minimal.

There has to be someplace in your neck of the woods that sells bulk o rings. Check with your LDS and see where they buy their rings. While you are at it, check through your gear to see what user replaceable O rings you use. I promise that the bulk sales store will beat the price by a mile. I use a Suunto Cobra and it takes a pretty standard ring. Suunto battery kits are in the $20 range. The battery runs $3 and the seal ran me about $0.20.

Edit: I just remembered the other big photo house in New York, B&H. I would definitely try them and Adorama before I went to the trouble of getting non Oly rings.

Last edited:
If you still need them, Adorama has them, I just got some. Just tell them the type of housing.

I had that set last month and sold them. however they were about a year old. I won't be getting more. Try Andorama. Sorry, when you get them make sure you pressure test on the fist dive with them ...No camera...you are likely to find old ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom