Oly Tough 6000 RAW firmware question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjbailey

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We just purchased the tough6000 camera and heard that there is firware available that would unlock the cameras ability to take photo in RAW format. Please let us know if you know where we could find this firmware, and if you know that particular download is safe.

Thanks! :)

I have an 8000 with the latest firmware and it does not have a RAW format. To update your camera load Olympus Master 2, connect your camera via USB, click on Camera, and update camera. But I doubt there is a RAW mode.

CJ I have the 8000 that is about a year old. I really didn't like the Oly Master stuff when I bought the previous version of the camera (SW 10 something) due to the time in loading everytime I used it. Do you really find the Oly Master 2 worthwhile? When do you use it?

Also, do you happen to know how to make the flash less bright when shooting indoors? My 8000 tends to wash out indoor pixs.

MJ,

I only use OM2 for gathering and catalog of photos. I have 4 Oly's in the family, and it makes it easy for everyone to upload images off the camera to the NAS image device I have. I like that it does it by shot date. It makes it easy for me to remember when I took a picture. Yes it is slow to upload, but I just let it run in the background.

Otherwise I use Elements 8.

I agree with you on the indoor mode, but have not figured out how to make it less bright. Maybe someone else will chime in.

MJ,

...I agree with you on the indoor mode, but have not figured out how to make it less bright. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Does your camera have exposure compensation ? Knock that down a few spots.

Back
Top Bottom