Photo Tip Fail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
"Hmmm, what's wrong with this picture?"

Not scuba related, but thought Olympus fans would get a kick out of this, found on a website entitled:

"Top 10 photography tips to turn you into a professional"

Here are 10 tips to turn you into a professional photographer and improve your photo shots dramatically. On my opinion, these are the most important things that a photographer, beginner or pro, must know about!

Tip no. 3 – Correct camera holding

body-position-photography-tips-8.jpg

Damn - I'm holding it just like the guy on the website, but I still don't get very good shots!

I'd also question what his index finger might do being in front of the lens like that!

Let me guess, a lot of really dark photos, right?

yea, I was gunna say 'take the lens cover off 1st'......

Geez.....whats wrong with you people,he is taking a picture of a black cat on a moonless black night in a coal bin without using a flash.Conceptually that is.

"Hmmm, what's wrong with this picture?"

Not scuba related, but thought Olympus fans would get a kick out of this, found on a website entitled:

"Top 10 photography tips to turn you into a professional"

Here are 10 tips to turn you into a professional photographer and improve your photo shots dramatically. On my opinion, these are the most important things that a photographer, beginner or pro, must know about!

Tip no. 3 – Correct camera holding

body-position-photography-tips-8.jpg

Damn - I'm holding it just like the guy on the website, but I still don't get very good shots!
This would be funny if I hadn't done a dive using this technique just last month. I should have had an inkling something was wrong when a fellow diver looked through the lens port and said, "Mmm, Nikon!" The only way he could've known is if I'd left the lens cap on.

This would be funny if I hadn't done a dive using this technique just last month. I should have had an inkling something was wrong when a fellow diver looked through the lens port and said, "Mmm, Nikon!" The only way he could've known is if I'd left the lens cap on.

I've not done that exactly, but have gone to take a picture at depth and realized I'd left the Ikelite rubber lens cover on. As you can imagine, they're a real bear to get off at 120' with 5mm gloves on. Ended up piercing it with my knife to let it equalize it and then pried it off. I figured it would be OK with a little hole in it, no need to replace it. I was wrong however.

Oh, the hole was no problem. I simply lost the f--king thing.

:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom