Olympus Ultrazooms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All;
I have an old Oly Camedia 740 Ultrazoom that I just love but the shutter is going haywire and it is only a 3 mp. I'd like to stick with Oly so I was wondering what everyone thinks of the new Ultrazoom cameras; the 590UZ, 600UZ and 800UZ. I don't think I'll use the zoom underwater, but I like it on land. Anyone using any of these cameras or something close? comments on shutter lag, focus time, soft edges, zoom??
I would like to just carry one camera for u/w and land since the baggage restrictions are so bad. If they ever start weighing my carry-on I will be in big trouble.

Hi All;
I have an old Oly Camedia 740 Ultrazoom that I just love but the shutter is going haywire and it is only a 3 mp. I'd like to stick with Oly so I was wondering what everyone thinks of the new Ultrazoom cameras; the 590UZ, 600UZ and 800UZ. I don't think I'll use the zoom underwater, but I like it on land. Anyone using any of these cameras or something close? comments on shutter lag, focus time, soft edges, zoom??
I would like to just carry one camera for u/w and land since the baggage restrictions are so bad. If they ever start weighing my carry-on I will be in big trouble.
Last UZ camera from Oly with UW case support was SP-560. I'm using it. So it is OK for underwater and some kind of good for shore. But this camera is obsolete and UW box also.
Some examples of SP-560 you could find in my Gallery (it is Black Sea with 3-4m visibility) and also in this topic LINK

Thanks, I guess I'll go with a land camera and an U/w camera separate because I really like the long zoom idea. I'm still looking, I am hoping to stay with Olympus, but considering a s90 Canon.

Have you looked at the PEN EP1. 10MP, HD video, changeable lenses, dedicated Olympus housing.
Camera with lens runs around $600 on Amazon, housing runs about the same. I also am a big fan of Olympus. Took the following using a Stylus 710 in a Ikelite housing. (Both long discontinued) I by extra cameras for about $100 just in case. That is the problem with housings, only built to fit one camera.
P9030017JPG.jpg
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom