Looking for PT 045 Housing for tough 8000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheik_Yahboudi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Help!!!! My wife needs a PT045 housing for her Tough 8000 but we are finding it tough (sorry for the pun) to find one... we need one somewhere in the US or Thailand or even Canada as we will get friends to pick it up and send it to us in the Middle East. Anyone know of where we can get one? Thanks a million.

They aren't available anymore new. Maybe on EBay.

There is an Ikelite housing for the T-8000, but even those are backorded right now, although I'm sure some dealers have them.

Jack

Help!!!! My wife needs a PT045 housing for her Tough 8000
They are discontinued and scarce. I checked ebay, Amazon and 4 Asian sources. I found none.

An alternative that may be much easier is to buy another similar camera, the Olympus Tough 6000, and its housing PT-047. Those are both available inexpensively now. The housing is $200 and up, the camera used is about $100-150. Something to consider...

Here is a possible alternative. I looked at the back panels of both cameras (6000 and 8000) in pics on ebay and they seem to have the same button placements. I can't tell about the top. Maybe you could try a PT-047 housing for most of the functionality? Sounds weird, but your preferred housing is extremely difficult to find. Long shot, but what do you have to lose? If it does not work, grab the 6000 and go with it.

Help!!!! My wife needs a PT045 housing for her Tough 8000 but we are finding it tough (sorry for the pun) to find one... we need one somewhere in the US or Thailand or even Canada as we will get friends to pick it up and send it to us in the Middle East. Anyone know of where we can get one? Thanks a million.

If you are still looking, someone here on the board has a PT-045 with camera for sale at $300. See:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...6-oly-stylus-tough-8000-w-pt-045-housing.html

The Ikelite housing for this camera costs less than his asking price with camera, so check it out. I have received two emails from the seller confirming it is available, be patient.

People have reported using their T-8000's around 60-65ft without a housing even though they are rated for 33 ft without a housing. Is this within your dive parameters or are you running deeper than this?

I have a new T-8010 which I have not had in the water yet. I also have the PT-048 housing though.

Bruce

Thanks...in the ned she apparently has ordered one for $249 I think through the internet...it remains to be seen if a friend coming to the Middle East will be able to hand carry it to us. Gotta love the old school way of getting things here.

I guess I should clarify that we have easily dived to 20 feet taking pictures but I am not the kind of guy that is going to dive below the rated depth of the camera so I will just have to hang on until we get the housing...my wife would hang me if I dove deep without a housing and broke her birthday present!!

Thanks everyone for your quick replies to my thread. I love ScubaBoard!!

Back
Top Bottom