Zen Dome port with EPT05 (EPL3)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeeBee UK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Guys I've done several searches but can't find the answer although I'm betting there is one. :)

Has anyone modified their housing to accommodate the Zen DP100 port? I know I will have to make some changes to the button but if anyone has already done it you may be able to save me making mistakes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete

Yes I've done it. It is very minor. Have a look at the on/off button for the focus lights, and you'll see it has a little semicircular plastic shroud around it. You just have to trim off a 3-4 millimetres off that shroud and the dome will now fit flush onto the housing. I did mine with a small hacksaw but a Dremel tool would also do the trick.

pm me if needed & I will send you a photo, but it should be clear when you get your dome & housing. You will see how the shroud protrudes a little past the end of the housing.

Phil

Thanks PhilW, really big help. I could see what was needed but wasn't sure how much to take. The Dome only went in the post to me yesterday so haven't got it in my hands yet.

Once you get the dome it will be clear. About 4mm needs to come off that shroud from memory.

One other thing: these ports are TIGHT (both to get the stock one off & the Zen one on). You may need a strap wrench - I got my son to help. I guess this is a good thing so it won't leak. It is also a double O-ring design which I really like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom