Image editing software for E-PL1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jameseg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just completed my first trip with my E-PL1 and now have a bunch of photos to edit. In the past I used a Canon S95 and found the included Canon DPP software to be fairly useful for minor editing - removing backscatter, etc. I just tried out Olympus's software, IB, and it appears to be quite a bit more limited in what it can do. And it seems a little clunky. Am I correct in this assessment, or am I missing something? What program do you use? I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive, with a very shallow learning curve. I don't need professional quality - I just want to clean up some photos to show family and friends. Thanks!

Adobe Elements and now Lightroom. As stated, LR has a learning curve but does work wonders. I shoot raw + jpg on my E-PL1.

Elements is great for a quick jpg edit and LR can't be beat for editing the raw photo for printing and publishing.

I too use Lightroom 3 and Elements 8 (too lazy and cheap to buy newer versions). I've also used Picasa (I think it is still free) and found it simple and powerful. I don't know if it will edit Olympus RAW images.

I got unwillingly pushed into Lightroom, but have found the basic functions pretty easy to learn to use. If you get more interested in it, there's a DVD you can buy with a series of really good tutorials on it.

I got unwillingly pushed into Lightroom, but have found the basic functions pretty easy to learn to use. If you get more interested in it, there's a DVD you can buy with a series of really good tutorials on it.

Any name/title for that DVD?

Lightroom rocks. I use it for 95%+ of whatever I do - rarely need PS for much at all, which is awesome.

The best way to learn LR, imo, is download and it start playing with the sliders. You can't hurt anything so go nuts.

The DVDs by Doug & Lorena Sloss are awesome-> Buy this :)

Can you provide the link for the DVD with LR tutorials please?

yeah, the oly software kinda sucks...the canon software is much better if you don't have LR...even when you do have LR, canon's software works quite well IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom