Saba and St. Kits with XZ-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webstep1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did a live aboard between Saba and St. Kitts earlier this year. I used an Olympus XZ-1 in PT-050 with a Inon D-2000, Sealife SL961, Sealife SL980 video light and Fisheye focus light. It was all attached to a Beneath the Surface frame and flex arms. Some dives I used an Olympus PTWC-01 wide angle lens, depending on what I figured the shots would be (I have found the PTWC-01 difficult to change underwater due to its size).

I shot over 400 images in camera RAW over 23 dives on the trip. I used ACDSee Pro 6 for raw conversion/editing.

This is my third trip with the XZ-1, I like it more after every trip - except video, focus hunting sucks for video.

Link to the pictures - Pictures

Nice Pictures. I have a XZ-1 too and I like the camera but I agree that the video "hunts" too much. I might try it in manual focus and see if it's any better ( as soon as the water warms up).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom