Olympus E-PM1 PEN Camera & PT-EP06 Underwater Housing Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi,
I saw this package at backscatter. And its just selling at $499.00 for the whole setup. Can anyone comment on this setup. How does it shoots in macro and wide angle shots?
Is it worth the buy. Though one in my list is the canon g15.

Hi Gaudencio
The EPM1 is a fantastic camera and will give you great results.
The PT EP06 housing comes with a flat port that will allow you to use the Olympus 60mm lens as well as the Panaonic 45mm macro lenses or the 14-42 kit lens in conjunction with wet diopters. For wide angle unfortunately you will need to get a separate port for a dedicated wide angle lens because the flat port will create refraction causing an awful lot of chromatic aberration and taking way about 30% of the wide angle.
If you can get the PT-EP06L housing, you will be able to use the camera with wet wide angle lenses as well as macro lenses.

I had the E-PM1 for awhile (until it was stolen from me) and I really like the picture quality, but the menu system was a little annoying. I also had a Canon 40D with a few lenses that was stolen at the same time, so you could imagine I was used to having plenty of dials and button to easily change my settings. This was the opposite of the PM1, which only had a few buttons and had a rather extensive menu system with a huge number settings. I didn't really think I'd use most of them at first, but I really enjoyed playing with the pre-programmed scene modes and settings. But when trying to shoot in manual, which is what I'm used to, this camera was annoying. I actually said after a week or so that I was going to sell it, but when I played with it more it grew on me. To get to the main point though, if I had the money to buy this camera again with the housing I would do it in a heartbeat. That is an awesome deal even if you're looking for a higher end camera. I never had the chance to take it underwater, but I'm sure the great quality of the pictures wouldn't change that much. Just Google them, I have before and there's a good number of people that are using it. Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom