Can i put Inon ad lenses on a Tough 8010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chisox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Please help. I saw a 52mm to ad adapter on Reef Photo's website but its $100. I would be using it as a back camera. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

I used a similar adaptet in the TG610...it will work but there mau be some vignetting

Sent from my SC-02C using Tapatalk 2

Not recommended for wide lens. The 8010 has a 5x optical zoom over a 28mm lens. The lens will sit far away from the port and the image will be blurred
You need as a minimum a 28AD lens and even with that you may have poor results
For close up lenses instead it will be fine as you will be at telephoto end. It will vignette until you reach 70mm equivalent

I'm afraid I do not agree with Interceptor, The Tough 8010 has an internal zoom and the lens does not extend. The PT-048 housing has a 52mm thread and you have a couple of options regarding wide angle lenses.
Using a 52-67 stepping ring you could use the Inon UWL H100M67 type 2. This lens will sit almost over the port and you should not get any vignetting.
The other option is the Epoque DCL-30. This lens can be ordered with a 52mm thread and will attach directly to the housing.

I'm afraid I do not agree with Interceptor, The Tough 8010 has an internal zoom and the lens does not extend. The PT-048 housing has a 52mm thread and you have a couple of options regarding wide angle lenses.
Using a 52-67 stepping ring you could use the Inon UWL H100M67 type 2. This lens will sit almost over the port and you should not get any vignetting.
The other option is the Epoque DCL-30. This lens can be ordered with a 52mm thread and will attach directly to the housing.

I stand corrected. The lens is flat on the camera and Mario V is correct.
What an ugly camera though looks like a disposable unit!

Thanks for the replies guys. Massimo may or may not remember me. I have an rx100, the tough was my first underwater camera. I currently have two ucl165 ad lenses a uwl105ad and a ufl165 ad. The tough is really an "oh #%^%#^" I flooded my rx100 on vacation and still want to take pictures. Was hoping an adapter would work instead of needing to buy new lenses as I truly hope to never use it

Its not pretty but it's very durable and is waterproof incase you gets little moisture in your housing (which I have not)

Just for clarity, no I have not flooded my rx100. Yes the nauticam has a flood alarm. I would be bringing the tough 8010 as a backup just in case I flooded my rx100 so I wouldn't be without a camera at all

Ended up getting a 4$ adapter off of amazon. For a backup it will work just fine!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom