regardless of price, odd that no XZ-2 users have popped up....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out as well. I'm debating between XZ-2, LX7 and RX100. Cost is an issue for me, so the XZ-2 in the Oly housing would be a good option for me - cost wise at least. But I'm not about to be a "first adopter" :wink:

maybe i will be the first adopter for us then :wink:

I have considered this cameras versus the RX100 and LX7 and I have discarded it because of the poor video abilities compared to the competitors but could be a very good compact for stills and it has a 112mm zoom that make it good for macro
In UK is 10% more expensive than the LX7 but the housing is cheap and has a 67mm thread and a cold shoe too
It will work better with Inon UWL-H100 and not that good with Epoque DCL30 as the glass port is recessed

yeah, I don't do video so that is not a deal breaker for me...the good thing is the dollar is rising against the yen so I have a small advantage for buying a package set locally. too busy with instructing at the moment so camera stuff has been pushed to the back burner (much to my chagrin). if I bite the bullet, I will get it in the water and post pics and thoughts.

I have considered this cameras versus the RX100 and LX7 ...

Those are the 3 I'm looking at. The (relatively) inexpensive housing for the XZ-2 is tempting, but the reviews of the XZ-1 were not great, and I can't help wondering if Olympus fixed the issues.

I'm currently leaning towards the LX7 or RX100. I shoot both video and stills, but I'm purely an "underwater tourist" - not an UW photographer as such, so I pretty much only shoot available light.

if I bite the bullet, I will get it in the water and post pics and thoughts.

I'd certainly be interested in reading your thoughts.

LX7 is going for $348 now. Amazing price for a great camera. Last I checked the RX100 was $648. You can buy a lot with $300. That's almost the cost difference between a Nauticam housing and an Ikelite.

The XZ-2 with the Oly housing is a very nice package. It is quick to autofocus and really does nice Macro for those who lean in that direction. Olympus did a very nice job with the glass. We have several folks shooting it and getting excellent results. Plus the Oly housing takes all the 67mm wet lenses. Recently demand has been a bit cannibalized by the crazy good PM1 package.

Housings :: Compact Housings :: Olympus PT-054 Housing for the XZ-2 -
Olympus Cameras :: Olympus Compact Cameras :: Olympus XZ-2 Compact Digital Camera (Black) -

LX7 is going for $348 now. Amazing price for a great camera. Last I checked the RX100 was $648.

I just saw the LX7 for $300, just making it an even better deal. Good point about the price difference too.

The XZ-2 with the Oly housing is a very nice package. It is quick to autofocus and really does nice Macro for those who lean in that direction. Olympus did a very nice job with the glass. We have several folks shooting it and getting excellent results. Plus the Oly housing takes all the 67mm wet lenses. Recently demand has been a bit cannibalized by the crazy good PM1 package.

That's good to know, thank you. I took a look at the PM1 package, but the overall size of the housing plus handles ended up being bigger than I'm willing to carry/swim around. I have no doubt the quality is much better, but size and the lens/port requirements put me off. I want something small enough, that I'm not going to debate whether I can be bothered to bring it with me :)

Back
Top Bottom