Ligtweight TTL strobe for the E-PL5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My primary candidate is the Inon S2000. Can I get TTL working via the optical connection? The Inon page says, their strobes are not compatible with the Oly RC mode.

Are there any other options in the <300g league? I want to keep my luggage as light as possible.

The S2000 works a treat and whilst it will not sync at higher shutter speeds than 1/180 like one of the Olympus UFL-2's (as it doesnt use the RC mode), it works fine with fibre optic connection. Another option is the Sea-Sea YS01. A bit heavier but a bit cheaper too.

i think you can sync at 1/250th with your camera which should be fast enough to freeze most action.

I thought the epl5 can go to 1/250 on strobe sync. Is there a reason S2000 on epl5 can't do this? EPL1/2/3 are only 1/180.

I use a D2000 type 3 with an epl2. Works like a champ. I normally use it in manual with ttl. Exposures are right at least 90% of the time. I would imagine S2000 would behave the same.

I thought the epl5 can go to 1/250 on strobe sync. Is there a reason S2000 on epl5 can't do this? EPL1/2/3 are only 1/180.

I use a D2000 type 3 with an epl2. Works like a champ. I normally use it in manual with ttl. Exposures are right at least 90% of the time. I would imagine S2000 would behave the same.

you guys are right. It is 1/250 on the EPL5. We have an EPL3 with an S2000 and an EPL2 with a YS01 and both work a treat.

I have yet to see the sync speed with the s2000. My land-use Metz syncs at 1/160 tops, when used in wireless slave mode - when directly hooked up to the hotshoe it does 1/320... I am also curious if I can continue using the 1/4sec antishock. Shutter shock is a bit of an issue with m4/3 bodies between 1/100 and 1/200.

Back
Top Bottom