Muck Macros with the OMD EM-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foxtrot16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been a lurker for a while but have finally decided it is time to put up some of my images.

I have the OMD EM-5 in the Nauticam NA-5 housing with the Macro 65 Port. I have the 60mm macro lens and the 12 - 50mm lens both of which I use in the housing - when using the 12 - 50mm I have a set of custom made gears (from Wetpixel) which allows me to use the full zoom range of that lens and if I need to go macro I use a +3 macro wet lens / dioptre (also use this with the 60mm lens as well). I also have twin S&S YS110A strobes and I often use two sets of home made snoots on them one set is 50mm and the other set is 40mm and these are useful when the water and vis are really bad :crafty:

Anyway I live in Rockingham, Western Australia and I dive in various sites around Cockburn Sound and unfortunately for me the vis is very poor often less than 4m (usually only 2m) which makes taking good images extremely hard as the water is full of silt and crud :(:(; however, diving in these conditions makes for great practice for when I go to places like Bali etc because if you can get a good image here - then you will get one anywhere :cool2:

Attached are some of my images taken with the 60mm macro lens:

Grain+Terminal+-+04.jpg13-02-24-10.jpg13-03-02-15.jpgRWT++-+01.jpgRWT++-+03.jpg

Attached are some images taken with the 12 - 50mm lens:

Ammo+Jetty-9.jpg13-03-03-4.jpgAmmo+Jetty+13-06-22++-+04.jpgAmmo+Jetty+13-06-22++-+03.jpg

The last two images are of the same Nudi but the last image was taken with a +6 macro wet lens.

Karl

Thanks guys - they aren't the best unfortunately due to the conditions that I dive in :(

Heading to Tulamben, Bali in Sep so I am looking forward to some great conditions then :cool2:

Karl

Great, I'm in the process of getting an OMD underwater too. I will going with the Nauticam geared housing for these two lenses and will probably opt for the +10 flip diopter to get the really tiny stuff. Are these images uncropped? thanks.

very nice

Great, I'm in the process of getting an OMD underwater too. I will going with the Nauticam geared housing for these two lenses and will probably opt for the +10 flip diopter to get the really tiny stuff. Are these images uncropped? thanks.

All of the images are uncropped and pretty much straight out of the camera as all I do in LR4 is minor adjustments to Contrast, highlights, shadows & blacks and in PSE9 or 11 I do minor backscatter removal and apply an Unsharp Mask.

It is a great camera that far exceeds my skills.

Karl

Thanks guys - they aren't the best unfortunately due to the conditions that I dive in :(

Heading to Tulamben, Bali in Sep so I am looking forward to some great conditions then :cool2:

Karl

I've had enough - I am supposed to be building a house but the council has had it for 16 weeks. So I am off to Tulamben in August for 8 days -stuff it.....

Great shots btw....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom