Requesting tips for Fantasea Nano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SethDove

Registered
Reaction score
I have an E-PM1 and a Fantasea Nano on an Olympus short arm in the coldshoe. I have not used either on a dive yet (upcoming, Roatan). I have no experience with external flashes/strobes underwater (and little above). I've only used a PnS camera on previous dives. Got the Nano hoping to increase the quality. I know it's the cheapest of the cheap, but asking for tips on how to best use. In testing at the dining room table for close up (no macro lens additions, just the 14-42mm alone) shots even at the lowest flash setting, with the most diffusing diffuser (#3), and with exposure compensation dialed way down the images are over-exposed. Is this just too incompatible an environment to test? Any tips for best use would be appreciated. I mainly shoot close up/macro on dives, so I thought this Nano would be great. Having doubts now, but still playing around and getting to know it.
Thanks.

Be sure you go through the steps to get the correct sync... That could be the source of your incorrect exposure. That said, even when I had the strobe set correctly I could never get to stroke the fire reliably by fiber optic cable. I returned it as it just wasn't reliable.

Back
Top Bottom