epl5 + fisheye or 9-18mm will do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PiggyRun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there.. need some helps here.

Knowing epl5+fisheye+dome will easier to get over-under (split shot) photo, but appreciate that if anyone can tell me 9-18mm +dome review on the over-under shot. Because fisheye+dome is much more expensive and over my budget. What the max ° shooting by 9-18mm +dome , any vignette ?
Thanks thanks

I think the fisheye lens is too limited to buy instead of the 9-18. The 9-18 is really a fantastic lens both above and under water with enormous flexibility. The fisheye is a very specific fixed view. If you can buy both, that's fine. But the fisheye does not substitute for the 9-18. For specific field of view you can see here

Welcome to zenunderwater.com!

This is a 9-18 on an epl2 in the oly housing behind the Zen 100 semi dome.
The 9-18 can do the shots, but you need relatively flat water. It's much harder in the ocean.

P5145243.jpg

@jetlife2 , my budget limited at 2400. So it is impossible to get both now, same thinking on fisheye might not that useful for long term.

@chris 196 , sorry being new to olympus, is the epl2 and epl5 using the same dome port(zen 100semi dome)? Attach photo as below
Screenshot_2013-08-02-08-32-29.jpg
from backscatter about the epl5 +oem housing +9-18mm+ zen dome

FOr me, I dont really want to shoot underwater but I still need a housing so I can play around beach and do snorkeling especially over-under shot. And I spend my time travel on land and beach.

Besides that, is it possible to take a normal human (size,looks, feature) using fisheye on land? Never try any fisheye lense..

Thanks bro

Yes, it's exactly the same dome.
That water in the pool was cloudy that day, so not a very good shot.

If these types of shots are your priority, you might be better off with the 7-14 from panasonic. I'm not sure.
Maybe others can comment on that. But, the 7-14 is a more expensive option. It is generally considered better, but not that much difference. Real difference is the extra coverage at the 7mm end. I think the angle of view of 7-14 is 114 degrees at 7mm. The 9-18 is 100 degrees at 9mm.

Is the panasonic 7-14mm fit in the oly domeport and not causing vignette? 10degrees different , hard decision.

However need to make decision fast because I m going to buy it next week. Ishhh...

It's a different Zen dome, but cost the same. The lens cost more.

I don't know a lot about the 7-14 and associated dome.
What I do really like about the semi dome for the 9-18 is that I can use 3 different lens behind it. I use the 9-18 and 60mm macro primarily. But, I can also use the 14-42 kit lens.
I don't know if that's the case for the 7-14 dome.

Back
Top Bottom