Olympus PT-EP06 Housing hotshoe mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20Flyer

Registered
Reaction score
What options are available for mounting something (focus light, stobe, gopro, etc)) to the hotshoe mount on my Oly housing? I have been looking around but there doen't seem to be a standard adapter/mount for this?

Thanks

Like this?????

Attachments

• index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    1.6 KB · Views: 167
I guess. I would rather have one that isn't strictly ball mount. I also saw some others but I am not sure they will fit the Olympus hotshoe. They were also really expensive for something so simple.

I guess. I would rather have one that isn't strictly ball mount. I also saw some others but I am not sure they will fit the Olympus hotshoe. They were also really expensive for something so simple.

The hot shoe mount is the same on all brands. Underwater photography ain't cheap......

There's only the ball mount and "mounting stem (YS mounts) available.

We have 2 different ball mounts (i-DAS and Nauticam) and the Nauticam Mounting Stem, which is $10 less than the Olympus part. Olympus has another "short arm" kit, but their parts are silly expensive.

The Nauticam parts are really nice and have a lock so they can't slide out.

Jack

There's only the ball mount and "mounting stem (YS mounts) available.

We have 2 different ball mounts (i-DAS and Nauticam) and the Nauticam Mounting Stem, which is $10 less than the Olympus part. Olympus has another "short arm" kit, but their parts are silly expensive.

The Nauticam parts are really nice and have a lock so they can't slide out.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I may just go with one of your options. I was going order a few other things from you anyway (arm, fiber sync cable). The Sea&Sea sync cables fit the Olympus housing, right? I have a custom built housing for a FL300R that I am experimenting with. It works great triggered by the on-camera flash just from the port on the camera but it isn't 100% reliable (fires maybe 85% of the time). So I am going to use a fiber cable to trigger it. That also worked great holding an old Ikelite style cable against the housing and the RC sensor on the flash but I want to try something more stable. If I get this to work as well as I think it will, I plan to build a housing for a FL36R or FL50R.

THIS and a gopro tripod mount might be one option.

That is exactly what I am looking for! Except I would have to think it would take maybe one or two dives in salt water before it would be a corroded mess.

Sea&Sea fiber optic cables fit just fine in my Oly PEN housing.

One quibble, though. Housings don't have "hot shoes" (as far as I know). They have "accessory shoes."

A "hot" shoe is one that has electric power running to it to trigger the flash. Not very workable for an underwater housing.

The Oly accessory shoes are standard size and while accept the aftermarket products that mount on such shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok fisheater...you have a good point. :D I'll call it an accessory shoe. Funny thing is that a lot of places that sale them call them hot shoe adapters. i-DAS Ball to Hotshoe Adapter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom