Blog article on EP-PT12 Housing Posted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted a new article on the Optical Ocean Sales store blog on the new Olympus EP-PT12 housing for the E-PL7:
[h=3]Review - Olympus PT-EP12 Underwater Housing for the PEN E-PL7 Camera[/h]I'll update with more info on the E-PL7 when I get back fro Europe. Suffice to say it's an OM-D E-M1 without all the manual controls and build quality - making it a great option for UW photography.

E-PL7%u00252BPT-012-2.jpg

Jack
Thanks for the review.
Any idea when you are going to try this underwater?
I am assuming that the ZEN ports and the older PEN ports will fit the new housing, is this correct?

Hi;

The older ports fit fine.

The difficulty is that the new Oly 14-42 power zoom lens that the housing is made for doesn't have a zoom gear, so it's sort of worthless at this point. Oly is trying to figure something out.

The camera shoots just like the OM-D E-M1, pretty much has the same inards, just less controls and build quality.

Jack

The lens can be power zoomed using the up/down arrows if you can dig into the menus and find how to reassign to that function. Deepshots.uk also has a gear for the lens, they have also just posted a short review of the equipment.

Phil;

Thanks for that! Yes, we sat doewn and figured out that you can asign the "lens zoom" feature to either of the up/down, left right buttons.

Just when I think I've made a decision, the price drops on the e-M5 and Olympus housing.
I haven't found a local place to lay hands on them - If you were choosing... which would you buy?

Thanks!

Good info, I wonder if this lens is a good upgrade from the 14-42 2r. I have the omd 5 and the Olympus housing

In regard to image quality you would see little difference and because of the size of the lens, (not very long) you would need the smaller (new) port to take full advantage of this new compact lens.

Just when I think I've made a decision, the price drops on the e-M5 and Olympus housing.
I haven't found a local place to lay hands on them - If you were choosing... which would you buy?

Thanks!

Where have you seen a price drop on an em5 housing?
I've seen package price dropped, but that reflects the camera dropping in price.

If the housing alone dropped, I missed it.

In regard to image quality you would see little difference and because of the size of the lens, (not very long) you would need the smaller (new) port to take full advantage of this new compact lens.
thnx.

Back
Top Bottom