Arm lengths for strobes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nickbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know it is not specifically Olympus related, but now I have fisheye and dome for my EM1 I wish to upgrade to two arms each side for my two strobe set up. A
common length appears to be a 5" and an 8" arm. As my tray does not have handles am I better off with two 8" arms or does the size of the strobes and strobe connectors also come into the equation ? Final question, is a 5" arm 5 inches from tip to tip, or from the centre of the ball or from the start of the ball ? I am looking at the ULCS components. Thanks.

Length is midball to midball.
I have two 8s on each side of my two-handled EM10; I shoot macro to modest wideangle. The longer arms are really good for wideangle....get those lights out away from the subject...helps minimize backscatter. I could go with an 8 and a 5 on each side, for macro and fish shots. My strobes are DS-125 so the longer arms make it easier to rest the camera on the strobes and tray at the same time. The 8s closest to the camera are actually the fat carbon-fiber Nauticam float arms....

Back
Top Bottom