'C-5050' and 'C-5050 Zoom' same camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

torrey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I'm on the verge of finally breaking down and buying an Olympus 5050, but I'm trying to clear everything up before I go pushing any order buttons.

Everywhere I look, I keep seeing C-5050, C-5050Z, and C-5050 Zoom. I thought at first that the 5050 and 5050Z were 2 different cameras, but the more I dig, the less it seems so.

Can anybody clear this up for me? I'm on the verge of buying a new C-5050 'Zoom' for $400 and I want to make sure this is the camera that everybody is so excited about.

Anyone who notices the "z" in the 5050 has cash in hand and is ready to buy. You have studied photos and technique, have visited wet pixel, and are ready to roll!

If you already own one you know what I mean.

If you havn't you are about to, and welcome to the club!

Whoa! Wet pixel? I qualify for most everything else, though. :) Gonna take some time for technique to kick in. I printed the basic manual today at work so I can familiarize myself with everything.

I've got 3 1/2 months to get ready for Cozumel, and I really don't want to have to spend money on film for the ol' sealife sportdiver again.

Welcome to the dark side. Film is dead! There are a lot of us on the board who have the Oly c-5050...Z...Zoom, whatever, and are a wealth of experience and knowledge. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

DSAO
Jim (jlyle)

jlyle:
Welcome to the dark side. Film is dead! There are a lot of us on the board who have the Oly c-5050...Z...Zoom, whatever, and are a wealth of experience and knowledge. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

DSAO
Jim (jlyle)

Yes the C-5050 is thee bomb !

Good Viz, George

Ditto what everyone said!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom