PT-010 Case looking for new or used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JC Fedorczyk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hunting around for one of these and I'm not having much luck. I've found 2 places that have them in stock and for the cost that they are asking I could go out and get a Nikon Coolpix 3200 and a Fantasea housing and spend just as much. Anyone have any leads for someplace that still have some? Asking price online is 300+ at the websites I've found.

Good Luck I'm looking too. I have tried eBay and other outlets without luck. If you get a good source, please let me know.

Ronnie

Just got back from a vacation where everyone was using digitals and I want one now too. Am not having any luck either.

I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a Nikon....

www.newegg.com has them for 207 plus a 20$ mail in rebate. You can get the Fantasea case off of Leisurepro for 139 and it includes 1 year of flood insurance. So grand total would be 324 plus a little more for shipping so for about 350 you end up with a brand new camera and case for the cost of what you would pay for the housing of the olympus.

I like Nikon, but the reason I chose the Olympus digital is they do not us proprietary batteries, media cards(memory stick) etc.
Simply buy re-chargable batteries, sd or other memory card at the local shop, or discount camera store.

JC Fedorczyk:
I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a Nikon....

www.newegg.com has them for 207 plus a 20$ mail in rebate. You can get the Fantasea case off of Leisurepro for 139 and it includes 1 year of flood insurance. So grand total would be 324 plus a little more for shipping so for about 350 you end up with a brand new camera and case for the cost of what you would pay for the housing of the olympus.

JC Fedorczyk:
Hunting around for one of these and I'm not having much luck. I've found 2 places that have them in stock and for the cost that they are asking I could go out and get a Nikon Coolpix 3200 and a Fantasea housing and spend just as much. Anyone have any leads for someplace that still have some? Asking price online is 300+ at the websites I've found.

I have a pt-010 if you're still looking for one. My email is cort_f@hotmail.com

ronnie22:
I like Nikon, but the reason I chose the Olympus digital is they do not us proprietary batteries, media cards(memory stick) etc.
Simply buy re-chargable batteries, sd or other memory card at the local shop, or discount camera store.

You may have better luck finding an Olympus PT-015 and a 5050 camera. The 5050 was the last to use 4 AA batteries.

Please do your research on those Fantasea housings. From what I've been reading, that free flood insurance is offered for a reason! :11:

Back
Top Bottom