Olympus C-3030 in the PT-005 housing and the Epoque DS 150-DS Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NINman

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to underwater, oh heck, I am new to photography in general. Can/would anyone like to give me a hand on what settings I should use with the camare, or even some reading or websites that might give me a hand. I played with the setup in the pool last night and to be honest my pictures sucked. Either over or under exposed. Thanks in advance.

I was in your place until just a few days ago. I have a C-4040 and PT-010 case. I did alot of research and listened to several folks who have been using the C-**** series of camera underwater for a while. Here is a link that will explain things better than I can. There are minor difference in our camera models but I'm pretty sure the settings will be the same.

Jeff Farris' tips

I used my camera for the first time last week. Jeff's tips and suggested settings were a great help. I set the 'custom' button as he suggested and started from there. The only one that didn't seem to work well for me was the f/10 aperature setting...it was always too dark. Most of my photos looked best at f/6.3 and 1/100 ISO. I still have lots to learn but I was really pleased with my results. You can see them HERE

Some other links that may help explain all things digital are...

Digital Preview's For What It's Worth

Short Courses

Steve's Digicam

I have a Sea & Sea YS90 DX strobe so I can't help you with any strobe problems/questions you may have...sorry.

Hope this helps....

As allways Dee you have been a great help. I will take a look at those sites and report back to what works for me.

I will also be contacting OceanBrite on my houseing. I bought it at Beneath the Sea and I think I paid more then what was advertised on his site. I feel that is a little unfair and I feel that I should get a credit on the amount. Do you think this is a fair question and complaint? Given the fact that it was a show model also.

Hey y'all,

I have an Olympus C-3000 (which I love!)...but I didn't know there was something I could put it in to bring it underwater?!?!

I think it's got the same body as the C-3030....any tips that could point me in the right direction will be very appreciated.

Thanks!!:D

Cathie....your C-3000 will fit the PT-010 housing. Underwater Digital is a great place to do business and he has great prices and service. In fact, I double checked Allen's site to make sure your camera would fit. NINman provided you with the link.

NINman...you may mention the difference in price and see what OceanBrite has to say but I wouldn't expect a refund or credit. Usually sales made at trade shows and expos are final and they expect you to know whether you are getting a deal or not. The impulse buy is what they count on. Can't hurt to ask, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom