Red sticker for focus light on Inon strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received my new Inon D-2000 strobe and it comes with some red stickers to put over the focus light to attenuate the light somewhat.

I don't know if this is necessary or desired, but I think I understand the rationale.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to whether or not to apply the stickers?

Thanks.

Inon advises that when you use the D-2000 in STTL or STTL Low mode that you paste the red sticker over the modelling/AF light so it doesn't influence the TTL exposure and give in-accurate results. The light can influence the pre-flash and fool the camera into under-exposing your strobe exposure.

If you bought your strobe from a US Dealer, then an English Manual should be in the mail to you (if it wasn't in the box). That documentation clearly states that if the modeling light is used in conjunction w/ S-TTL, the red focus light filter must be used (for the reasons ReyeR mentions).

Some helpful links:
http://www.inon.co.jp/INON_TOP_e.shtml

Back
Top Bottom