Loading Up Housing Before Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montyb

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All:
Quick question - I'm planning to dive Los Coronodos Islands April 3 and have some questions about my 5050 & PT-015 housing. I live in Yuma, Arizona which has an elevation of somewhere around 150 - 200 ft. To Get to San Diego the highest elevation is 4120ft and then on down to sea level. Would there be any damaging effects to sealing up the camera here in Yuma to take over. Also I'm a little concerned about condensation. If I load it in Yuma with the very low humidity in the air and even purge that air with air from one of my tanks, add a dessicant packet - do you think I would have a condensation problem diving?

Thanks for all the information in the past and in the future.

montyb

Dont' seal it... you'll get some pressure build up.. just leave it open and use those moisture pads IF? it's a problem.. I'm assuming you're talking just about the housing... leave it opened and load/close it before you go out to dive... not a big deal if I'm understanding the question correctly.. same thing if you were going on an airline..

Hope that helps??? I might be missing something here...

I agree
there's no need to keep it sealed.. is there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom