Hello from Bama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawanda

New
Reaction score
Well, seems as though this website is loaded with a wealth of information. I am interested in obtaining input on our upcoming trip.

We have a group of four traveling to Australia in January 2006 and taking the Mike Ball Ultimate. The highlights of this trip are:
- Few days in Cairns. Will take the Best of Kuranda Tour w/Tjapukai Aboriginal Ctr/Skyrail Gondola/Vintage Train.
- Pick up Supersport for four days.
- Fly back to Cairnes for full day white water rafting the Tully River.
- Go to Townsville and board the Spoilsport for six days.
- Go to Sydney for a few days in which we are doing the bridge tour, harbor speedboat, and perhaps the vineyard countryside tour.

We have booked this trip through Lynn at Oz Dives and she has made this one of the most pleasant experiences booking a trip.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Lawanda, and welcome to SB. Sounds like you do have an ultimate dive trip lined up, many would be envious. I have only heard great things about Mike Ball's trips and diving in Australia. Look forward to hearing your report.
David

Welcome to ScubaBoard, I'm a few hours below you so if you ever want to get wet in the Gulf or the FL panhandle springs, lemme know - I'm down for any diving that doesn't require an outrageous amount of $$.

Welcome Lawanda from another Bama person. Sounds like a great trip, enjoy. There are a few on the board whom you will find are avid divers and are ready to get wet just about anytime and anywhere in N. Ala.
Randy

WWwwaarrrrrrr EAGLE!
Rick :)

Since you're from BAMA, let's get first things first out of the way..

I gotta agree with Uncle Ricky here...... WWwwaarrrrrrr EAGLE!

Saw you're in Huntsville. You should check out the local Scuba Club.
It's called SEAS. they meet the 2nd Thursday of each month at
Green Hilles Grille in the meeting room on the left side of the restuarant.
Hope to see you there. For more info check out http://www.seasscuba.org.

Believe it or not, lots of folks on here from Huntsville and North Alabama.

-Mike

Lawanda, Hi from Athens. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Am new to diving myself, and would love to dive with you sometime.
SkyBird

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Lawanda:
Well, seems as though this website is loaded with a wealth of information. I am interested in obtaining input on our upcoming trip.

We have a group of four traveling to Australia in January 2006 and taking the Mike Ball Ultimate. The highlights of this trip are:
- Few days in Cairns. Will take the Best of Kuranda Tour w/Tjapukai Aboriginal Ctr/Skyrail Gondola/Vintage Train.
- Go to Sydney for a few days in which we are doing the bridge tour, harbor speedboat, and perhaps the vineyard countryside tour.

We have booked this trip through Lynn at Oz Dives and she has made this one of the most pleasant experiences booking a trip.

wow - you doing and seeing more than i have in my own country. if you are going to be in Sydney January 26th - thats our Australia Day public holiday - get down to Circular Quay/The Rocks in Sydney center and see how this day goes off for us!!!

dont forget a dive at Kurnell while in Sydney for the weedy sea dragons.

Lawanda:

Our first trip to Oz, we did all those things too. You are missing one tour that we took in Cairns we found worthwhile, "wait-a-while" tour. We were able to see platypus, wolf spiders, ten different species of lizards, numerous birds, turtles, bats, frogs, but the most fun was going into the rainforest at night with lights to see the tree kangaroos, possums, bandicoots, floresent algae, owls, gekos and termite mounds. We did not continue on to Sydney or Townsville, but spent 10 days in Hawaii on the way back.
We took the "Diversity" liveaboard out of Port Douglas to Osprey and then down to the Ribbons where we were anchored near the Mike Ball boat overnight off from Lizard Island.
Sounds like a great trip, hope you have a blast.

Back
Top Bottom