Dive sites near Guam...Palau, Truk, Yap, or....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emmagee

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It looks like I will be traveling to Micronesia in March of 2007; my father and I are going to visit Iwo Jima, which is the primary purpose of this trip.

Since we will fly into and out of Guam for this trip, I want to take some time and do some diving when I am over there, at least a weeks worth. Although I am not really into diving wrecks, I am really into WW II, so I am probably leaning toward Truk, but I want to explore all my options before I make a decision. Other than Truk, Yap and Palau are there any other places that I should seriously consider? I realize that these are the most notable places to go, I just don't want to miss something I should consider.

We may actually be in Palau after the Iwo trip to see Pelieu, so I could possibly add some diving time to that excursion, but that has not been decided yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter!

Saipan and Tinnian is real close to Guam 30 min flight. The Enola Gay took off from there during WW II to drop the big one. Saipan has the Blue Grotto to dive the number two Grotto Dive in the world.
If you are not into wreck diving don't go to Truk

Dale
Still on a little rock in the Pacific

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom