Huts over the water, Fiji, honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bosshogg357

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Fellow SB'ers.
I am beginning my search for a honeymoon spot. We are looking for a place with possibly a room (hut) over the water. Leaning heavily towards Fiji, but we do have open mind to other locations.
It seems that there are lots of islands in Fiji and I need some help narrowing the search. We will be diving almost every day as we have on Bonaire trips, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, etc. We have been to Bonaire 2X and loved it. We go to Cozumel often.

Any advice from those who have been to Fiji is greatly appreciated. Any links to websites is also appreciated. This will be a honeymoon so unlike our budget trips to Cozumel, we want a nice (more luxurious) place.

Thanks in advance,
B.

Google is your friend: Overwater Bungalows, Over Water Bungalows, Resorts, Hotels with Rooms Over the Water (Who'da thunk it?)

There are several places in this world which you can get first rate services and romantic accomodations with as you call them.... "huts on the water".

Posts such as this must include your destination resort total budget, be specific. It is just to broad (even for Fiji), otherwise! Your travel issues and fares should be a seperate consideration lest we fret over gateway cities, air miles and baggage limitations.

There are luxurious "huts on the water" from Africa to the South Pacific, some in the Bahamas.... and a few in Fiji. :wink:

How much money you got?

In Fiji you are looking for a bura over the water...not a hut. This may help your search.

Hello Fellow SB'ers.
I am beginning my search for a honeymoon spot. We are looking for a place with possibly a room (hut) over the water. Leaning heavily towards Fiji, but we do have open mind to other locations.
It seems that there are lots of islands in Fiji and I need some help narrowing the search. We will be diving almost every day as we have on Bonaire trips, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, etc. We have been to Bonaire 2X and loved it. We go to Cozumel often.

Any advice from those who have been to Fiji is greatly appreciated. Any links to websites is also appreciated. This will be a honeymoon so unlike our budget trips to Cozumel, we want a nice (more luxurious) place.

Thanks in advance,
B.
for a honeymoon I think Fiji would be fantastic. I would start your search here though: Island Dreams Travel scuba diving vacations, diving trips
or
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
or
Trip-N-Tour: The Dive / Travel Experts of the Pacific
they will give you a very good idea what is out there, what prices look like, etc. Friends have stayed at Wananavu Resort and thought it was incredible. No beach but really nice and fabulous diving. I have heard really good things about Beqa Lagoon resort and Castaway Island also. No bures over the water from what I see but...awesome. Check them out. Another place you might want to check out is Wakatobi in Indonesia. Friends have been there twice and rave about it. Wakatobi Dive Resort - Southeast Sulawesi Indonesia

robint:D

Overwater bungalows are more a Tahiti thing. They were worth every cent to us.

Fiji has the nicest people I've seen on Earth.

And I do all my research direct to the locations. You just need:

flight there
hotel
dive shop
flight home

or more accurately, mine would be:
Flight there
liveaboard
Flight home

I agree with Shasta man. Fiji people are the greatest, friendliest I have ever met but get away from the bigger cities to find them. BoraBora overwater staying is amazing, both in pleasure and price. Its the honeymoon to dream of but not easy to pay for to all people.

Maravu on Taveuni in Fiji is a popular honeymoon spot but no overwater there and a short walk to the beach and the diving is great. We were there last yr and liked it but it does not sound like what you are after.

Back
Top Bottom