My Kona August 2009 Picture Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbath999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are some of my underwater pictures from Kona in August of 2009... I will add them when I get the post processing done. The first one I posted in another thread, but this thread will live longer and I put it here to "eventually" show the "keepers".

All were taken with a DC1000 and one flash (my other flash flooded the first time it EVER hit the water), with diffuser and wide angle lens. All pictures are post processed in Capture NX.

Golden Arches, with post processing in Capture NX,
dive.jpg

Moray Eel in its puka with Cleaner Wrasse
morass.jpg

More soon.

Beautiful!!

Very nice. Razor sharp detail shows what the lens and pixel count can do. I am hoping to try mine (one strobe only) in a couple weeks in cold salt water in Massachusetts. Never tried that before so I am hoping to get it lit up well enough to bring out the colors.

OK, I am going to share a few surface interval shots that I did this August as well. The land shots are done with a Nikon D300, 18-200 VR lens, polarizing filter, all are handheld. Postprocessing is done with my own version of the Orton Effect in Nikon's Capture NX software, my editor of choice.

p702729053-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom