DC1000 frustration...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racedude1984

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I purchased a new sealife dc100 from my LDS and the first time I took it out I started noticing some things that wern't right. I figured maybe it was something I was doing wrong but after playing with it at home for a while I found some problems with it. The shutter button on the housing sticks to the half way point. I discovered this when I relized I couldn't go to the menu or choose any other options. Also I found that 2 of the buttons will not reach the camera when pressed. For a temporary solution I put a couple of really small strips of electrical tape on the inside of the buttons of the housing and the buttons reach now. The shutter button still sticks thou and really is a pain in the butt. Has anyone else had this problem also?

Lot's of folks on the board with this camera - the button sticking problem usually starts popping
up after a bunch of dives, but I suppose it could happen sooner. Was this camera "new-in-box"?

Too hard to guess the reasons, but I'd go back to the shop. If they won't help, call SeaLife
(Pioneer Research) 800-257-7742 and follow the prompts for tech support for SeaLife.

There customer service is top notch.

I've been thinking of getting this but these comments are making me pause. What else is out there?

I've been thinking of getting this but these comments are making me pause. What else is out there?

I bought the 1000 because the housing for the Canon HF20/200 (the WP-V1 housing) had yet to be released.

I am in awe of the quality that 1080 video brings to my 130" projector. As good as Discovery Channel HD video. I can extract photos from the video if I wish but the quality is more of the DC600.

I think I may look at a way to use both. Maybe a custom frame to stack them in and then adding arms for strobe and video lights.

I bought the 1000 because the housing for the Canon HF20/200 (the WP-V1 housing) had yet to be released.

I am in awe of the quality that 1080 video brings to my 130" projector. As good as Discovery Channel HD video. I can extract photos from the video if I wish but the quality is more of the DC600.

I think I may look at a way to use both. Maybe a custom frame to stack them in and then adding arms for strobe and video lights.

What am I doing wrong? My videos pixelate on my 47" tv

I have no idea what the poster is talking about with the great video quality, since it is 640x480 standard def video on the DC1000, and not very good video at that. Horrible pixelation.

I was referring to the quality of the Canon HF20/200 NOT of the DC1000. The Canon shoots in AVCHD while ALL Sealife cameras shoot in standard definition.

I was dismayed at the inability of Sealife to keep up with technology.

Now there is a new SD standard which will go into hundreds of gigabytes. Some say a terabyte on this standard is possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom