Looking to buy a sealife camera w/ Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcoIris74

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm a novice diver looking to get into taking photos. Of course I only have so much saved up to buy a camera, but I would like to spend wisely. Appreciate any tips you guys may have. I'm looking at either a DC800 w/ strobe for about $700 or a DC1000 for $900, which seems to be the going rate. First, anyone thinf those prices are reasonable or will drop down in the near future. Is there a big difference betwen the two cameras side one being 8 MP and the other 10 mP? I almost bought a 6 MP Intova with strobe at the local dive shop for $300, figuring at least I could get started, but had second thoughts. I haven't seen any used DC800 or DC1000 cameras for sale on the net, which leads me to believe they are well liked. I'm hesitant t spend over$500 period, but I want to make sure I don't regret what I buy....Any tips are appreciated ! :) :crafty:
Glenn

I owned both cameras and really love the dc1000

I've got a Sealife DC500 with strobe and WA lens plus many extras. I'll sell for $250. I took about 5,000 pics with it as a starter camera, then moved on up to something with total manual control. The DC500 is the first of Sealife's small digitals, 5 MB sensor.

Here's some info on it.

SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - DC500 5mp Camera

Sealife Reefmaster DC500 Review :: Wetpixel.com

PM me if interested.

PS: If you're thinking of spending $800-1000; I'd look at the Canon G10 or the Nikon P6000. With Ikelite housing should come in under $1000. Or you may be able to get a Canon G9 or Nikon P5100 (earlier versions of the above) with housing on Ebay cheaper. Got to wetpizel.com and read up on these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom