help help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmwv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm the one that lost her camera, well I bit the bullet and bought another DC 1000. Problem is the videos won't play on my computer. I use Vista Home Premium. They play on my daughter's Vista prof.

The DC 500 videos were fine. These files say, " AVI" under the file icon. I called SeaLife 2 days ago and the girl said she didn't know anything about computers and referred me to another person. Got to a voicemail and he never did called back.

ok cool glad you got it sorted out

So did you insure your new camera? State Farm's "Personal Articles Policy" is cheap, no deductible, and they paid wonderfully when my laptop got fried by a power surge - which many policies exclude.

I always edit my vids in Windows Movie Maker. Saving on "best viewing on my computer" it compresses the vid to a fraction of the Megabytes of the original while maintaining quality, and all computers can play Windows vids can't they? It's also good for splicing clips, like the 20 clips I took in Coz last month to one 32 minute vid, with extra titling & other features if you'd like. I've already deleted the originals, but I think I had a few Gigabytes, which it suggested compressing to 500+ Mb, but I adjusted to just under 500 Mb so I could load on Vimeo.com so I could share it with family & friends.

It's not good video at all, but this will give you an idea of how it came out - better if you click Full Screen. There is one obscenity about halfway thru, but I doubt anyone will get that far. :D

[vimeo]6605384[/vimeo]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom