Got Some Tips? DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJoshCRNA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got my new DC1000 with the dual strobes. The problem is that I am getting it four days before I leave for Egypt. I have never used an UW camera with a base or external strobes. Any tips before I get into the water???

Diffusers help alot!!

Diffusers help alot!!

great!!! My flashes came with flip up difussers!

I am having a hard time figuring out where to put my hands...I feel like Ricky Bobby...haha...do most of you hold the camera by the housing or by the left arm and shoot with the right hand around the other arm or on the housing???

I've only got one strobe, mounted on the left side. So the arm makes a perfect handle for the left hand and shoot with the right. The shutter release is toward the right side so you'd probably want to use your right hand for it, and not reach over the top with the left.

I've been playing around with the video function lately too, but mostly just for fun. I am more serious with my stills.

Back
Top Bottom