Reflection using W/A lens on DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I really like this camera, but I have several shots that show the camera lens markings when I have the W/A lens attached. The brushed metal reflects onto the inside of the accessory lens. Any suggestions for eliminating that? See example below (just below the diver):

PICT0090.jpg

Last edited:
You need to zoom in a tad

Have you tried covering the silver part of the lens with some black masking tape?

Have you tried covering the silver part of the lens with some black masking tape?

There are a number of fixes possible, but IMO, $1500 for a camera set up should not require black masking tape. This is a design flaw.

I had this same artifact with my DC500 and the wide angle lens attachment. I'd bet others cameras have a simiilar problem when a "wide angle" lens is attached to the housing.

I haven't verified it, but I think zooming in may not eliminate the artifact. I'll have to get out and verify that??

For now i like the black tape solution :)

There are a number of fixes possible, but IMO, $1500 for a camera set up should not require black masking tape. This is a design flaw.

Yeah, but until you find a solution befitting the investment made in the system, why not give the easy, virtually free fix a try? If it works, and stops ruining your pictures without any disadvantages, who cares if it's a bit jerry-rigged? :wink:

Yeah, but until you find a solution befitting the investment made in the system, why not give the easy, virtually free fix a try? If it works, and stops ruining your pictures without any disadvantages, who cares if it's a bit jerry-rigged? :wink:

I'm just one of those that likes things to be right without me needing to fix them. Not saying I won't try it, I just shouldn't have to.

I have not seen this with the WA lens. When I pop mit on I can see the camera automatically adjust itself and the dark corners disappear. Only time I ever see it is when the lens is not all the way on cuz I bumped it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom