White Board? Ocean Blue? Ocean Green?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a DC 800. I am trying to get familiar with it and taking pictures underwater. I was in a large Florida spring that was fantactically clear and as were the skies. I took a number of pictures while snorkeling with the camera/strobe but all turned out tinted (bluish I think). I read the manual then realized due to the clear water and bright clear skies the strobe probably wasnt firing or was washed out in the sunlight.

My next outing, I turned the strobe off and shifted to white board. I am confused about he settings "Ocean Blue", "Ocean Green", "Lakes & Rivers", etc. What determines which setting I use. On this last outing a targeted a small piece of plant life and took a series of pictures (same position, same distance, etc) changing from OB, OG, RL. The OB setting seemed the best. I woiuld like to know ahead of time though what I would be setting the camera too.

DiveLvr

Just as a follow up, I am planning a dive in the Keys, specifically the Christ of the Abyss. I don't want to mess this up.How should I have my camera set at this location. Please help me out.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom